Sunday 14 August 2011

It's A Rainy Day. . .

A perfect day for my first blog post! Since going outside at all is now out of the question, with the hail and all.

Anyhoo, most of my garden is ripening! Most of what has been ready until now has been one tomato or a cucumber every so often that they get devoured right away. But my eggplants, peppers, and tomatoes, and even the mildew ridden zucchini plant are blooming with veggies.


The zucchini and eggplants have already been devoured. I'm trying to dry some of the cayenne peppers (the red ones), to have during the winter, and putting some in the freezer. Gonna take a second try at pickling the jalapenos, I wasn't a huge fan of the first batch I made. But that could be because the pickling spice I bought had strange additions like cloves and cinnamon in it. Or maybe because I'm making this up as I go along?
I still don't know what to do with the habanero, and I'm a little afraid of it. Being so incredibly high on the Scoville scale, and all.

Wish me luck!




 

1 comment:

  1. They look wonderful! Good luck with the drying and pickling.

    ReplyDelete

 
Birch and Beads - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.